I have over 40 years in the construction industry, starting out in Colorado as a framer and working my way through the different trades until I earned my GB98 general contracting license after college. My wife, Janet, has a fine arts degree, and together we relocated the family to New Mexico in 1984. Finding our skills in high demand, we began building custom homes and remodeling throughout the state of New Mexico. Our combined wealth of expertise has proven to be a winning combination for our clients. I am hands on in the field and Janet is our Managing Partner. We coordinate and professionally complete the work from start to finish, with on-site supervision daily. Our daughter, Jamie Rayne, a graduate of UNM, is Vice President, and brings a wealth of problem solving, client service, human resources, and communication to round out the principles of our long standing business. We believe that treating every project as though it were our own homes reinforces our strong commitment to schedule and budget. That outlook, combined with dedication to continuous and effective communication with clients, has contributed to Bain Cochran Construction’s continued success.
Janet and I have been East Mountain residents since 1994 and when we’re not in the middle of a project, you will be sure to find us riding somewhere in the beautiful NM wilderness!
We are proud to support our community! Some of our volunteering includes:
- New Mexico Mounted Search & Rescue: an all volunteer unit providing search & rescue services through out the state of New Mexico.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentor 2.0 matches high school students with college-educated mentors and provides them with the support and guidance they need to graduate high school and succeed in college and the workforce.
- BizWomen Mentoring Monday One of a kind annual event with the goal of advancing women in business.
- Domestic Violence Resource Center Prevention, Intervention & Recovery Services
- Hearts for Horses: offering therapeutic riding opportunities for disabled children and their families
- Home Builders Association serving as The Trusted Resource representing the housing industry and acting as an advocate for homeownership.
- 2018 Jamie received Professional Builder Magazine’s Forty Under 40
- 2017 Jamie was honored as a Builder Hall of Fame Inductee by Home Builders Association of Central New Mexico
- 2017 Jamie was presented Albuquerque Business First’s Women of Influence
- 2016 Jamie received Albuquerque Business First’s 40 Under Forty
- 2016 First Place Home Building & Remodeling Guide Outdoor Award
- 2015 Bain received HBACNM Builder of the Year
- 2012 Bain received HBACNM’s Builder Rising Star Award
- 2010 Parade Gold on a Remodel over $350,000
- 2010 Jamie was presented with HBACNM’s Associate Rising Star Award